Welcome to Friends of Princeton Charter School!
Friends of Princeton Charter School is the school’s parent-teacher organization formed to support the needs of PCS. All parents and teachers in the school community are members of Friends and we genuinely welcome your input and hope that you get involved.
Monthly meetings are held on the 2nd Thursday of each month. Location is the Marsee Center at 8:15 am, with refreshments starting at 8:00 am. Meetings generally last one hour.
Meeting dates for 2018-2019 are on September 13th, October 11th, November 8th, December 13th, January 10th, February 14th, March 14th, April 11th, May 9th, June 13th.
Friends of PCS organizes many fun and community-building events throughout the year, and provide services that help the school. Friends of PCS also provides funds every year as requested by the school, to be used where needed, from support for after-school clubs, school trips and support for the PCS Capital and Endowment Fund. The school counts on substantial support from Friends raised at our Annual Spring Benefit.
How to get involved
The Friends of PCS welcomes parent volunteers on any and all levels. Our goal is for parents to feel good about contributing to the school in any way that fits their schedule.
School and Family Events
- Photo Day: 9/26/2018
- Back-to-School Nights
- K-4 : 9/11/2018
- 5-8: 9/25/2018
- Fall Party Boards
- Fall Picnic: 9/21/2018 (rain date 10/5/2018)
- Halloween Breakfast and Parade: 10/31/2018
- Field Day: 5/24/2019
- Book Fairs
- Fall: 11/2 to 11/9/2018
- Spring: 4/5 to 4/12/2018
- Holiday Parties
- Student Concerts
- Winter Concert (5-8 only): 1/17/2019
- Spring Concert (K-4 only): 5/7/2019
- Faculty Appreciation Luncheon
- Fun in February
- International Potluck: 4/12/2019
- Fundraising Gala: 3/2/2019
- Annual Student Art Show
- New Family Dinners
- Spring Picnic
- Finance after-school clubs and programs
- Fund assembly programs
- Subsidize School trips including the 8th grade Washington trip
- Provide required support including Staples gift cards for school supplies for families in need
- Contribute to the PCS Capital and Endowment Fund (the school’s “savings account”)
- Provide refreshments for faculty events
- Refreshments for school events
- The PCS Annual Benefit Gala will be held on Saturday March 2, 2019
- McCaffrey’s Receipts
- Amazon Smile – https://smile.amazon.com/ch/22-3483674
- Employer Matching Gift Program – www.doublethedonation.com/friendsofpcs
- Spirit Wear sales – https://www.princetonthreads.com/princeton-charter-school/
- Box Tops for Education